Search for content in message boards

Selma M Severson nee Butterfield Need help please!

Replies: 7

Re: Selma M Severson nee Butterfield Need help please!

Posted: 27 Feb 2013 8:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Sandy- what church did the family belong to in Eau Claire? The closest in this area are either First Lutheran Church or Grace Lutheran. Lake Street Methodist is also a few blocks away. You might also try Lenmark-Gomsrud-Linn Funeral home for records. At the time you are looking, it would have been just Lenmark's or Lenmark and Son. Seems like quite a few Norwegian's used their services. The funeral home is still in service today.
For the death certificate, did you check under her maiden name? I know that isn't usual, but who knows. Was this a child stillbirth with midwife or physician? What was the hospital or was the infant's death at home. What was the cemetery used on the infant's certificate if that was filled in.
I think looking for a church record might be your best option. One more Norwegian Lutheran church would have been Our Savior's Lutheran. All the churches I mentioned are still in operation and have records going back this far and further.
Good luck,
Anita Reid
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sandymcclay 26 Apr 2011 5:40AM GMT 
tdowling_5322... 26 Apr 2011 6:46AM GMT 
sandymcclay 26 Apr 2011 7:53PM GMT 
Arletta Rud 26 Feb 2013 7:00PM GMT 
Neetz 27 Feb 2013 3:12PM GMT 
sandymcclay 27 Feb 2013 4:58PM GMT 
Neetz 27 Feb 2013 7:31PM GMT 
sandymcclay 27 Feb 2013 10:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions