Search for content in message boards

Obituary - Mrs. John (Laura Sander) Schmuhl 1885 - 1947

Replies: 4

Obituary - Mrs. John (Laura Sander) Schmuhl 1885 - 1947

Posted: 16 May 2004 6:48PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Albrecht, Berndt, Denbrook, Freiheit, Grahn, Sander, Schmuhl, Silgman, Wichman
This obituary was found in the Brandon Times, published in Brandon, Wisconsin. Issue - Thursday, May 8, 1947 on Page 1 / Column 2.
Funeral services for Mrs. John Schmuhl, who died suddenly at her home south of Fairwater Saturday, were held Tuesday afternoon from the Fairwater church with burial in the Fairwater cemetery.
She was born March 15, 1885, in Ripon, the daughter of August and Pauline Albrecht, and was married May 3, 1905.
Surviving are her widower; six sons: Arnold, Markesan; Harry of Ripon; Lloyd, Brandon, Clarence, Fairwater; Raymond and John at home; three daughters: Mrs. Fred Freiheit, Mrs. John Berndt, Markesan; Mrs. Hubert Silgman, Fairwater; a brother, August Albrecht of Reeds Corners; three sisters: Mrs. Adolph Denbrook, Mrs. Henry Grahn, Ripon; Mrs. Henry Wichman of Clintonville.

Postnote: Laura is the sister-in-law of my great-grandfather, Edward Schmuhl. My research indicates her maiden name to be Laura Sander and her parents names to be: August Sander and Pauline nee Albrecht. I believe the newspaper article incorrectly printed her maiden surname. I also believe her sister's married name to be: Mrs. Herbert Silgman not Hubert as printed in the newpaper article.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
zoogene33 17 May 2004 12:48AM GMT 
jkroll138 14 Aug 2008 6:56PM GMT 
zoogene33 25 Sep 2008 2:59AM GMT 
jkroll138 26 Sep 2008 10:22AM GMT 
juwilly 20 Apr 2013 5:06PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions