I am related to another McDermott family who lived in Fond du Lac. Timothy McDermott and Catherine Halligan , who married April 15 1860 in St John the Evangelist in Milwaukee. They had:
1. James Edward, born February 25 1861 in Fond du Lac. He married February 5 1883 Lillie or Lila Harnois in Fond du Lac. I think he died in Chicago in 1894. I don't think they had any children.
2. John Joseph, born December 1862. He died in Fond du Lac September 9 1892.
3. Hubert William, born November 15 1864. He died December 8 1888 in Fond du Lac.
4. Mary Jane, born November 1, 1867 in Fond du Lac. She died October 13 1946. She married September 18 1894 in St Joseph's, Fond du Lac to Daniel David Mullen (1853-1917) and had:
1. Katherine Mullen (July 4 1895-July 27 1986)
2. Julia Mullen (January 22 1903-January 17 1959)
This branch died out I think. I met Katherine Mullen a couple of times. Hubert McDermott's godfather in 1864 was William McDermott. I'm wondering how William was related. I am a descendant of Timothy's sister Jane who married Michael Brennan and lived in Orange New Jersey. I have info on where Timothy and Jane came from in Ireland. I suspect your William McDermott was a cousin of Timothy's. I don't know the date of death for Timothy or his wife Catherine who was also called Mary. Goodbye for now.