Search for content in message boards

Edmund S. LUCAS. | Richard A. JONES (LUCAS). | Diane M. ESSMAN. | Donald E. JONES

Replies: 0

Edmund S. LUCAS. | Richard A. JONES (LUCAS). | Diane M. ESSMAN. | Donald E. JONES

Posted: 23 Apr 2013 12:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2013 11:02AM GMT
Surnames: lucas, jones, essmann, johnson
Helpp! Recently I've been helping my dad look for his possibly 2 half brothers. This is what I was told. In the late 1930's my grandfather Donald Alvin Jones (b.1910) married a woman named Carrie Johnson. (sp?). They had a child, Richard Alvin Jones (b.1938), and another possible son, Donald. (b. 1939), although thats still debatable. Carrie died suddenly and was very young, leaving the 2 babies. I know there is a Carrie Jones in the fond du lac archives, but she was born in the 1800's, so it's not the same woman. My grandfather abandoned his sons and started a new life/family.. Richard was on the 1940 census living with my great great grandfather Henry & Ursula Jones in Greenwood, Taylor, WI. All that was known was Richard was adopted by the Ed Lucas family. I found that it was Edmund Stanley Lucas (b.1913) in Fond du Lac, WI. From what I've read, he didn't get married until 1958, which I thought was pretty random. A young, single man adopting an infant just seems odd for that time. Richard eventually changed his name from Jones to Lucas .In 1975 he married Diane Mary Essmann (b. 1948), according to a newspaper announcement Edmund Lucas is listed as his parent. But when I found Edmund's obituary, and his wife's & children's, there is no mention of Richard anywhere. I found a basic death record of a Richard Lucas from 1984. I have no idea if this is his... but Diane remarried in 1987. She died in 2010. She was from Fond du Lac and they both remained there. I don't think they had any children together. Also, I found a 1940 census from the Wisconsin State Public School for dependent and neglected children (Sparta, Monroe, WI) with a Donald E. Jones (b.1939) orphan listed. I have no idea if this is the real Donald, I'm just assuming since the dates and orphanage add up. But I found no other information on him, assuming he was fostered/adopted out, possible name change?
For the most part can't find any pictures, census records, birth/certificates, even obituaries.

I know this is super long, but if you knew any of these people involved, or were related, please please let me know!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions