Search for content in message boards

Died, Eddy Taylor and Mary Woffenden, 1875

Replies: 0

Died, Eddy Taylor and Mary Woffenden, 1875

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 12:05AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Taylor, Baird, Nowel, Woffenden
I am not related. As I was researching my family, I grabbed items that might be of interest to others.

The following appeared in the Grant County Advocate on 24 Feb 187, page 3, column 4. The first appears to refer to a child of Hilbert E. Taylor and Mary J. Baird. The second appears to refer to Mary Nowel Woffenden.

Died.

In Bloomington, Jan. 17, 1875, EDDY, son of H. E. and Mary J. Taylor, aged one year.

At Patch Grove, Feb. 13, 1875, MARY, wife of John Woffenden, aged fifty-one years, one month and twenty-eight days.

Mrs. Woffenden was born in Dewsbury, Yorkshure, England, Dec. 16, 1823. Married in 1848, emigrated the same year to the United States, resided three years in the state of New York, then moved to Connecticut, and after a residence of seven years in the latter state, the family emigrated to Patch Grove, in this county, where they have ever since resided.

She was a lady of quiet, industrious and frugal habits and the true type of the good wife. Sensitive and retiring in her disposition, she ever shunned public parade of any kind, and chose rather to do what she did in a quiet, unostentatious manner; yet she ever felt for the woes of others and in times of sorrow and distress she was ever ready to shed the tear of sympathy or give a word of cheer to those who were afflicted. She was a kind mother, always looking after the interests and welfare of her family as only a true mother can, and she leaves a husband and five children to mourn her untimely loss. Liberal in her views she readily embraced the doctrines of the Broad Church of Humanity, and through the long and painful sickness which resulted in her death, bore with the meekness well becoming her womanly nature, the pains and tortures of the fell disease which was slowly but surely wasting her life away. "She was-- words are wanting to say what. Think of what a wife should be, and she was that."
Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic