Search for content in message boards

Stovers

Replies: 3
Posted: 6 Sep 2013 4:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Sep 2013 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: Stover
I am the great great granddaughter of Ellis Stover and Emma Trickle Stover. Their youngest son, my great grandfather, Edward Stover was adopted out of the family at the age of 2 after Emma was murdered by a farm hand named Burt Watson. Edward was adopted to Mike and Margaret Meighan, who changed his name, and he was legally named Edward Meighan thereafter. I do not know what happened to his brother Wesley at the time of Emma’s death. Eduard (Stover) Meighan went on to marry Gertrude Steinhour, and had my grandfather John Frederick Meighan. They divorced young and when she remarried, her children took her new husband’s name, Stannard. So, my grandfather’s name became John Frederick Stannard. He had four sons with Lenora Holt in Rockford, IL. My father’s name is Douglas James Stannard, but in my research, we have now learned we are Stovers, descended from Ellis and Emma. 

By chance, do you have any information on Ellis Stover, Emma Stover or their other child Wesley?

I would love to see any photos that you have of the family or learn of any more history. Many thanks!
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DawnAmos 11 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Brian McGuire 25 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
xxNLW52 24 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Elizabeth Sta... 6 Sep 2013 10:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions