Search for content in message boards

N.E. Mallory, Solomon Mallory

Replies: 14

Re: N.E. Mallory, Solomon Mallory

Posted: 13 Jul 2012 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Elijah Mallory born
07 FEB 1779 in Roxbury, Litchfield Co., Connecticut, U.S.A.

Several on his siblings were born in Woodbury which is where his parents were born and married. His father was actually John Mallory Jr. (A captain in the trainband during the Rev War... the trainband was another name for militia.)

John Mallory Jr and Beulah Thomas had SEVEN sons and a daughter Miriam. Miriam married in Nelson NY and had two children before dying young. Her brother Caleb named a son after his brother in law, and Sarah named a son after her father Eri Richardson after whom Erieville NY was named.

All seven brothers moved to Canada. One, John, ending up moving to Michigan. (married Sarah Richardson of Nelson NY) ..and Elijah to Wilson NY...named after a man who left Cobourg the same year as Elijah (1811). Seems likely they left together. I have found very little on Elijah except a short blurb from the History of Niagra County NY. It did say his family lived in Wilson for some years after Elijah's death.

Your granddaughter has a couple of cousins..or more, in Washington State...and in a bit of Sharon Metcalf trained a gal by the name of Sharon to take a job she see was leaving. ..they didn't know it, at the time, but they were cousins. Herman Mallory, from your granddaughter's Mallory line, was mayor of Olympia Washington. He and his brother married sisters. One of the Sharon was from John Mallory and Sarah Richardson and the other from either Herman or his brother Henry... I just don't remember which, off hand.

There were/are descendants of Elijah's brother Caleb who lived/are living in British Columbia.s..and perhaps of the other brothers, too.

Seems to me Volney's brother Elijah C was a chiropractor who appears to split time between Iowa and Canada and as such was hard to pin down.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mdsmith4008 9 Feb 2012 7:33PM GMT 
ccinbc57 9 Jul 2012 6:46AM GMT 
greatscot 10 Jul 2012 4:10AM GMT 
ccinbc57 10 Jul 2012 7:11AM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 2:50PM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 2:52PM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 3:08PM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 3:19PM GMT 
ccinbc57 13 Jul 2012 7:42PM GMT 
greatscot 13 Jul 2012 9:48PM GMT 
per page