Search for content in message boards

N.E. Mallory, Solomon Mallory

Replies: 14

Re: N.E. Mallory, Solomon Mallory

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 8:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
I found Mary's exact date of birth on line....I believe it was in conjunction with her second marriage. Just tried to pull up my file and got a "serious error" message and it opened with all the characters in jibberish. I have an older version, but it didn't have the information. That's many hours of research lost. However, I think I can find it again. In any case, from the census I had her born c 1847, and was surprised when I got an exact date in 1851.

I didn't find a divorce record, but she married in the same place where Solomon was still living and where his son, Frank, was buried..

Lois and Jasper (aka Allen Farrell) were cremated. It's almost certain your relatives and mine at least knew of each other. Allen was a rather famous character in Victoria...a master wooden ship builder whose sailing ships were frequently docked immediate across from the Empress Hotel.... Several books were written about Allen (he changed his name after attending a Kalabarians meeting in 1955. "Sailing Back in Time" and "Salt on the Wind." I recently had contact with the Author of Salt on the Wind...showing him a familial link to the famous Mallory Family of Mystic Connecticut...who began as wooden ship builders. Allen never knew about that connection.

His wife and three sons also changed their names. Gladys Nightengale (wife) became Sheri Farrell. You can see Allen's paintings on line (some of them) if you google Allen Farrell. Have many cousins in Vancouver, Vancouver Island and Quadra Island.

I believe I found some of the info about Mary on the newer Mormon site. It was still in the "pilot" stage at that point. I don't recall exactly, but I think I had her date of death and her daughter's marriage as well.

Did you ever figure out who Lena was?

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mdsmith4008 9 Feb 2012 7:33PM GMT 
ccinbc57 9 Jul 2012 6:46AM GMT 
greatscot 10 Jul 2012 4:10AM GMT 
ccinbc57 10 Jul 2012 7:11AM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 2:50PM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 2:52PM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 3:08PM GMT 
greatscot 11 Jul 2012 3:19PM GMT 
ccinbc57 13 Jul 2012 7:42PM GMT 
greatscot 13 Jul 2012 9:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions