Search for content in message boards

McManus/Calkins/Gore

Replies: 17

Re: McManus/Calkins/Gore/Martin

Posted: 4 Mar 2013 7:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Good Evening,

Thank you so much for taking the time to put all those photos and the obituary for Frank Martin on your site for us to view. We viewed all the information you posted to your site. It was really wonderful to see all the photos of the Martin family.

We cannot thank you enough for taking the time yesterday to call us and share all the history that Dorothy Martin had saved. What I found interesting is the beautiful letter that Frank Martin wrote to Maude. After all that happened he seemed to be so kind and caring. What a man Mr. Martin must have been…after all he had been through.

Dorothy Martin was a beautiful young women. I loved looking at the pictures of Frank Martin and Maude Gore in her younger years. We had never seen any pictures of Maude as a young women. I do think Dorothy resembles her mother when she was young.

Did we understand you correctly yesterday – we thought you had said there was a picture of Glen Gore “Lees father” at Rhea’s funeral? If there is we would like to see it.

I’m going to try and attach a photo of my husbands “Lee” brothers & sisters for you. This would be a family photo of all Glen & Eleanor Gore’s children. From Top Left to right is – John Gore, Alice Gore, Jerry Gore, Jim Gore. Second row top left to right is – Bill Gore, Harold Lee Gore, Raymond Gore & Lois Gore.

Really looks like we have more detective work to do.

Thanks again for all the time you spent helping us get to know the Martin family. We truly appreciated your time and all the insight you shared with us. Thank GOD for Dorothy. She sure did save a lot of information.

Thanks Katie!

Lynn & Lee Gore
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
katherine_mor... 2 Mar 2013 3:57AM GMT 
lgore60 2 Mar 2013 9:17PM GMT 
katherine_mor... 3 Mar 2013 1:52AM GMT 
lgore60 3 Mar 2013 12:24PM GMT 
katherine_mor... 4 Mar 2013 2:54AM GMT 
lgore60 5 Mar 2013 2:47AM GMT 
lgore60 15 Feb 2013 11:57PM GMT 
lgore60 23 Feb 2013 6:58PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions