Search for content in message boards

Book by Brian Podoll

Replies: 5

Podoll's Book

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Feb 2005 6:57PM GMT
Surnames: BECZKALA
I have my own copy of this book and can help. What you are reading is decifered like this:

Mary BECZKALA married Adalbertus KREMPA at Berlin, Wisconsin on February, 3, 1891 as found in Vol 6 of the marriage books for Green Lake County this is the book with marriages (1893-1897) and the record should be on page 42.

Podoll compiled records he could determine to be immigrants to a three county area, Green Lake, Marquette, and Waushara for a specific period of time. There are sections for marriages, death, and immigrations - not complete but a good overall study. He transcribed the information directly from the records. So you should be able to obtain the record. I have found the spelling was way off from what I know to be correct having grown up in that area. What I mean is that Podoll did not make a mistake, the names on the records may not have been spelled correctly and many people of the immigrant population could not read or write English therefore did not know if their name was correct or not. About these people: It is possible that they lived in another county, just went Berlin to be married near family and friends. Looks like this Mary is either a widow and remarried or BECZKALA is her maiden name and this is her first marriage. You won't know until you see the record.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PeterBetchkal 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
TheaSmith06 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Mike Podoll 23 Oct 2001 7:37PM GMT 
juwilly 26 Nov 2012 3:33PM GMT 
bpodoll1 10 Jan 2003 6:28PM GMT 
ver55JEWAGE 22 Nov 2012 6:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions