Search for content in message boards

Book by Brian Podoll

Replies: 5

Book by Brian Podoll

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2004 6:42AM GMT
Surnames: Betchkal, Beczkala, Bachkal, Betchka, Betchkaw, Beczka
I have been researching the Betchkal Family name in Green Lake County Wisconsin Records and have had a fairly sucessfull time doing so but have run into a little bit of a jam. I requested an interlibrary loan for Brian Podell's book: "Prussian Netzelanders and other German Immigrants in Green Lake, Marquette and Waushare Counties, Wisconsin". Unfortunately they could only send a photo copy of the page that read the important information. Can anybody tell me what I am reading?

The entry states:

Immigrants (Polish Catholics) from "Prussian Poland" , "Polish Prussia", and other variants for Province Posen:

4.) Beczkala, Mary- b. "Prussian Poland", marr. Adalbertus Krempa- b."Prussian Poland"; at Berlin 27 July 1891/ Vol. 6 (1893-1897), p42.

The family member I am researching is Mary and Adam Beczkala . I would guess Adam is "Americanized" form of Adalbertus but what does Krempa mean or stand for? To the best of my knowledge Adam Beczkala passed away between 1886 and 1895 as the last mention of his name was in the 1885 State Census Record for GLC. The last piece of knowledge I have on Mary is in the 1900 Federal Census. I cannot find any death certificates for either one.(I have found 5 different spellings of the Surname listed above.) I have checked Oakwood, St Stans, and St Micheals records in Berlin and have found no graves. The family did appear to go St. Stans as later Family member's records are there but not Adam or Mary's.

I thought Podoll's book would led me something but I don't know how to use the information?

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Peter Betchkal
peter.betchkal@kohlerco.com
pbetchka@excel.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
PeterBetchkal 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
TheaSmith06 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Mike Podoll 23 Oct 2001 7:37PM GMT 
juwilly 26 Nov 2012 3:33PM GMT 
bpodoll1 10 Jan 2003 6:28PM GMT 
ver55JEWAGE 22 Nov 2012 6:33AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions