Search for content in message boards

Janes, Myers, Eygabroad, Whittemore, Long, McConnell, Palmer

Replies: 15

Re: Janes, Myers, Eygabroad, Whittemore, Long, McConnell, Palmer

Linda Potter Spurrell (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 2002 8:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Egybroad, Meyers, Janes, POTTER, De La Vergne
I also am related to this line. My grandfather was Vergne W. Potter, born in Princeton. His mother was Maria De La Vergne who married David Eygabroad. Charles Janes was my grandfathers brother in law. His wife was Sarah Potter. Addie Meyers, daughter of Judge A.H. Meyers and Mary Egyabroad was my grandfathers cousin. I have some copies of obits for some of these folks in an old scrap book that belonged to my grandfather. The obits are quite detailed and describe, in dramatic fashion, how they died. Please contact me. I do have some geneology to share.

Re the Egabroad's, I have very little. I have an entire book on the De La Vergnes if you need info there. It's kind of nice to know someone besides me and a second cousin is looking for this branch of the family. If you have info on the Egybraods, I like to have that. I know nothing beyond David. I can tell you that this whole family moved from Ft. Plain (Minden) New York about 1852. Why? Who knows. Free land maybe? I have a picture of Maria DeLaVergne as an elderly lady. She was French Hugenot (they say) and the book goes back to about 1640 or so. David Egybroadt (notice how many spellings there are? Drives you crazy doesn't it) died in 1861 in Princeton, but I don't know a thing about him other than he was born in 1804 probably in Herkimer Co. NY. Father? Mother? Dutch. Linda PS The name Whittemore is familiar but I can connect it. It may just not be on the computer yet.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Cuzzin_B 9 May 2002 10:38PM GMT 
mary strachan 13 May 2002 7:35PM GMT 
Linda Potter Spurrell 20 Jul 2002 2:04PM GMT 
andersot2000 5 Aug 2003 2:33AM GMT 
andersot2000 9 Aug 2003 9:07AM GMT 
CindyLowe000 21 Nov 2012 6:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions