Search for content in message boards

James Radford, Civil War Soldier Burial - Berlin, WI

Replies: 3

James Radford, Civil War Soldier Burial - Berlin, WI

Posted: 21 Jul 2005 6:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Radford, Kimball
Seeking info. pertaining to James Radford, Civil War soldier who was living in Berlin, Green Lake Co., WI in 1860 along with wife Sarah E., and sons James R., John and Wm. J. An article I found on another son, Thomas Freeman Radford indicates that his father, James Radford, was killed while serving with the 22nd WI Cavalry so I looked him up on the WI State Historical Society's Civil War rosters, but found no 22nd WI Cavalry listed. There was a James Radford who served with the 1st Reg. Cavalry, Co. G, but the roster indicates that he was mustered out on July 19, 1865 so this is puzzling. Could anyone help me find out if James Radford and his wife, Sarah are buried in the Berlin area? The article says that James' wife Sarah died shortly after he did and at least one son, Thomas F. was sent to a New York orphan asylum. I'd like to find out the burial site/death dates for James Radford and his wife Sarah. James Radford's info. in the 1860 census indicates he was born in England and his wife was born in either NJ or NY. Any info. would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Joni

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jlleffler 22 Jul 2005 12:09AM GMT 
amkasz 28 Jul 2005 3:39AM GMT 
jlleffler 30 Jul 2005 10:06PM GMT 
michaelkarbon 10 Aug 2013 4:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions