Search for content in message boards

George Fuller, son of John & Frances Fuller of Aztalan

Replies: 0

George Fuller, son of John & Frances Fuller of Aztalan

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 10:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fuller, Pickett, Knutsen
I need help with my Fuller family. It appears that my great-great grandfather George Henry Fuller was born in Aztalan, Jefferson County, Wisconsin, as I believe this is his family:

1850 Census
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/M4DV-LJR

His death certificate has no birthdate listed. When I back into it by the years, months and days, it comes out to October 2, 1850.

Although George was supposedly born in 1850, I think the 1848 is correct as this is the only family in Wisconsin that has a John, with a wife Frances, and a son George born in the month of October.

I cannot find John & Frances in the 1870 Census and my great-great grandfather George was living on his own. I’ve tried to locate graves in Jefferson County to no avail for John and Frances. There is a John Fuller who was born in 1826 that several people point to, but I do not believe this is correct. Based on the Census records that I can find, John would have been born around 1812 and Frances around 1814. I think they died between 1860 and 1870, unless they moved away but I do not know where they would have moved to.

John was supposed to be born in Vermont and I did find a John D. Fuller born August 30, 1813 in Chelsea, Orange County, VT. If this family is the correct one, George had siblings: Charles D (1840-1901), Daniel (b 1841), Lucinda (b 1843) and Abby Fuller (b 1855) who married Irwin Knutesen.

The only other thing that I know is George moved to the Town of Beaver, Clark County, WI where he married my ancestor Helen Augusta Pickett (1855-1920). Then for some reason, the family moved to Sparta, Monroe County, WI where my great-grandmother Lillian Mary Fuller was born in 1893. Then the family moved back to Clark County where both George & Helen lived and died. The John that others suggest is the same was living in Monroe County and died there in 1901, so I’m really lost.

The Fuller family has been elusive for me for 25 years and I’m hoping someone can help me. Any insight or help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you!

Find a board about a specific topic