Search for content in message boards

Krumenauer family of Jefferson Co., 1840-1870

Replies: 0

Krumenauer family of Jefferson Co., 1840-1870

Posted: 25 Aug 2013 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query

I am looking for info on the Krumenauer family of Jefferson, Jefferson County in the 1840-1870 timeframe. A search of the marriage index on the Wisconsin Historical Society webpage lists three records of interest in Jefferson Co.:

> Phillipina ("Fullysbina"???) Krumenauer & John Rockdaschel on 01 FEB 1844
> Phillip Krumenauer & Barbara Krop on 02 NOV 1844
> John Krumenauer & Margaret Friedel on 18 JUL 1848

Looking through records here on Ancestry, I have found the resulting families living very close to each other on the 1850 & 1860 census' (Jefferson). In 1870 the families of Phillipina Rockdaschel and John Krumenauer are still in close proximity whereas Phillip's family has moved elsewhere.

Philip was born c. 1810, John (Johann) c. 1814, and Phillipina c. 1819, all in Germany. Based on these marriage dates, I would guess they arrived in the Wisconsin Territory around 1840-1842. I have noted several other Krumenauer's in nearby counties in this same time frame, but I don't know if / how they may be related.

Phillipina died sometime before 1870 as her husband is shown as a widower on the 1870 census (still in the town of Jefferson). By 1872, her husband and several of their children had moved over into NE Iowa (...my line...).

It is likely that these three are siblings - is anyone familiar with this particular Krumenauer family? Were they part of a larger family unit, including parents?

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions