Search for content in message boards

Looking for marriage record between Richard T Littlejohn and Sarah Reynolds in 1860

Replies: 0

Looking for marriage record between Richard T Littlejohn and Sarah Reynolds in 1860

Posted: 25 Jul 2014 1:58PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
I am trying to locate a marriage record for a Richard T Littlejohn and a Sarah Reynolds for 1860. I have looked through a few Wisconsin marriage indexes but cannot find it. It should be sometime early in 1860. The last name Littlejohn sometimes has an "s" at the end as in Littlejohns. Littlejohn is also sometimes misinterpreted as a middle and last name, so I also have found records as Rich L Johns or Rich L John.

The first wife of Richard T. Littlejohn was named Elizabeth Wonnacott. Both were from Devon county, England and married in England in 1840. During the 1850 US Census the family lived in Jefferson Village, Jefferson County, Wisconsin. Elizabeth died not long after her sixth child was born (November 1859). Cemetery records entered on FindAGrave have Elizabeth Littlejohn buried in Busseyville Cemetery, Busseyville, WI in 1860. Richard Littlejohn must have remarried quickly, as his second wife, Sarah Reynolds had a child December 17, 1860. The family rumor is that the couple were married in Wisconsin.

When the US Census was taken in July of 1860, the Littlejohn family had moved to Lyndon, Whiteside County, Illinois. I have been unable to locate the second wife, Sarah Jane Reynolds, in any records prior to the US Census of 1860. Sarah remarried after the death of Richard T. Littlejohn. At her second marriage, she listed her father as John Reynolds and her mother as Washburn. Sarah Jane Reynolds was a native of New York.

Find a board about a specific topic