Search for content in message boards

Katchinska Frank John Rufhus Ragust

Replies: 3

Katchinska Frank John Rufhus Ragust

Posted: 13 Apr 2013 3:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Katchinska
I am hitting my head against the wall!!! I am researching my husband's side. His great, grandmother is Laura Sanderson. She married Frank P. Katchinska in 1891 according to the 1900 census for New Lisbon, Juneau Co, Wisconsin. It states he is from a Russian Province in Poland Germany. There is a 1880 census for New Lisbon that shows a Frank Katchinski (I see the "ski" in many places for "ska")whose father is John and mother Melissa. Their birthdates seem a bit off, but I thought it could be transcription error.

In the New Lisbon City Cemetery there is a Frank Katchinska (1867-1911 which line up with what I know)and a Ragust Katchinska which could very well be his father.

The 1910 census in New Lisbon there is a Rufhus Katchinska living with Hayden Waterman. To get even more strange. When Frank Katchinska passed away his wife, Laura married Hayden Waterman in 1912. "Rufhus" is stated as Hayden's father-in-law. Maybe Hayden's 1st wife was Frank's sister?

Frank P.(I assume Paul) and Laura had children named, Harry Franklin, Avery Paul, Elsie, Frankie (died in infancy), Rachel Edith, Unknown (died in infancy), and Alta Maude.

This is all so confusing. My goal is to find what happened to Frank's mother, Melissa. And to find out if Rufhus and Ragust could be the same person? Eventually it would be a joy to find out where they entered the US and which part of the Russian Province from which they could have come. I don't know exactly how to go about checking all of this.

Any tips? Thank you in advance!!!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
traceypenkert... 13 Apr 2013 9:36PM GMT 
majfam 13 Apr 2013 11:59PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 14 Apr 2013 8:20AM GMT 
traceypenkert... 14 Apr 2013 1:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic