Search for content in message boards

A death record and a divorce record

Replies: 15

Re: A death record and a divorce record

Posted: 16 Dec 2012 4:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Curtis, Sabin, Silvernail
I have been finding more information since I first posted this query. In fact, have been slowly adding this to my Curtis and Buckles Family Connections site on Ancestry.com. I have yet to find that one important piece of documentation that will prove that my line of Curtis' is related to this line of Curtis'. I have noticed that the surname Curtis has been spelled with one or two s' even in the same family line. Also the Silvernail (Slivernagel) family name has been connected along with the Sabin name.

I'm not certain that Philo Curtis and Maria Sabin's marriage was annulled - why would Philo be listed as divorced in a census (can't recall which one right now). Since there is quite an age difference (my information shows that Maria was 19 and Philo was 43 at the time of the marriage and daughter Eldora Philomena Curtis was born 11 Feb 1867) I'm thinking that this was a marriage to legitimze the child and then afterwards the marriage was ended and she was working as a domestic in the home of 'Joslyn'. This Curtis family has been a very interesting puzzle for quite a few years for me!!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
T_Weideman 16 Dec 2012 11:59PM GMT 
veedgo1 17 Dec 2012 12:43AM GMT 
T_Weideman 17 Dec 2012 2:20AM GMT 
veedgo1 17 Dec 2012 4:29AM GMT 
T_Weideman 17 Dec 2012 4:20PM GMT 
veedgo1 15 Dec 2012 5:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions