My cousin & I are looking for the obits/death notices and any other information about the family and descendents of John & Cecelia COLE. The surname early on was spelled KOHL or KOLE, before the spelling settled on the current spelling of COLE.
John & Cecelia were married in Sturgeon Bay on19 May 1882 and had a least 9 children. All of the children were born in the Sturgeon Bay area prior to the family moving to and settling in Kenosha sometime around 1911/1912.
The information we know or have located about the family is:
John Cole, B: bet 1854 - 1859 in Bissen, Luxembourg to the parents of Henry & Margarethe (nee Weiger (?sp)) Cole; D: unknown, died in Kenosha after 1920
Cecelia Cole (aka Celia), B: bet 1863 - 1866 in Milwaukee, WI to the parents of Eloy/Alway/Elvy & Maximilia (nee Hantelet/Wautelet) Otele/Otia/Ottley/Otley/Oatley/ (?sp) who emigrated from Belgium in 1856. D: 28 Feb 1925 and is buried in Kenosha.
- Mary/Marie - B: 1884; It is not known if or whom she married. She was found in Milwaukee on the 1910 census; D: Unknown
- Milly/Millie - B: 1886; It is not known if or whom she married. She was found in Milwaukee 1913 city directory; D: Unknown
- Joseph - B: 1888; Wife's name was Lena & they had 2 children (Robert (B: abt 1922) & Richard (B: abt 1924)); D: Nov 1978 in Kenosha
- Emma/Emily - B: 1891; It is not known if or whom she married. Last found location was the 1912 Kenosha City directory; D: Unknown
- Edward/Eddie/Ed - B: 1892-1894; Married twice - Wife's name were Winifred and Agnes; no known children; D: March 1953. Agnes died Dec 1999 in Kenosha.
- William Roland - B: 1895-1897; Wife's name was Edna & they had 2 children - Roland (B: abt 1917) & Gladys (B: abt 1915); Last found location was the 1920 census in Kenosha; D: Unknown
- Viola/Violet - B: 1898/1899; D: It is not known if or whom she married. Last found location was the 1920 census in Kenosha; D: Unknown
- Loyal - B: 1901-1903; He had sight difficulties and was in attendance at the WI School for the Blind in Janesville in 1920, It is not known if or whom he married; D: Dec 1997 in Milwaukee
- Harold - B: 1904-1905; Wife's name was Stella, with no known children; D: Aug 1993 in Kenosha. Stella died Jul 1995 in Kenosha.
I reside in PA and getting to research is not possible. Any and all assistance is appreciated.
Marianne & Regina