Search for content in message boards

Kilbane/McLaughlin/McLoughlin

Replies: 1

Re: Kilbane/McLaughlin/McLoughlin

Posted: 28 Aug 2001 5:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Dec 2001 10:44PM GMT
Yes, there are parish records available to you. Contact your nearest Morman church and ask for the address of their nearest research library. The Mormons or Ladder Day Saints called their libraries "Family History Centers". But, I was told that they are going to rename them again. Anyway, they have Parish records for Kenosha County and I know they have records for parishes in Bristol, Wisconsin as well on Micro-film. I believe they are on line now, so find their site and go to their Library Catolog --put in Kenosha, Wisconsin and then put in Parishes and you should see a list of films available with the names of parishes. Or just visit a Mormon library in your area and order the films. T his will cost about $3.75 per film.

Kenosha County is noted for having scant birth, death, and marriage records for the early years. The court house in the early years was dis-orderly to say the least. When my cousin, John Cockcroft Slater became head Judge around 1887, he reported that the cases were in the rears by almost 2 or 3 years. It was also reported that on Saturdays, people would sell chickens out of the court house and drunkeness was not un-heard of.
Good Luck, Sue
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jlleffler 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
SRyndersKopec 28 Aug 2001 11:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic