Search for content in message boards

Kilbane/McLaughlin/McLoughlin

Replies: 1

Kilbane/McLaughlin/McLoughlin

Posted: 2 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 12:01PM GMT
Surnames: Kilbane, McLaughlin, McLoughlin, Gallagher, Mc Hugh, Mc Ginty, Hickey, Corrigan
Currently researching Catherine KILBANE (b. 1819-1821 in Achill Parish, County Mayo, Ireland to Bernard KILBANE and Margaret MC HUGH) and her husband, Michael MC LAUGHLIN/MC LOUGHLIN (b. 1828 in County Mayo, Ireland? possibly to Michael MC LAUGHLIN/MC LOUGHLIN or Patrick MC LAUGHLIN/MC LOUGHLIN). Catherine and Michael were probably married in County Mayo between 1855-1860. They immigrated to the U. S. between 1855-1860 and probably passed through Kenosha Co., WI on their way to Dellona Twp., Sauk Co., WI where they settled on a farm. They had three children: Patrick Joseph (b. 1858-1862 in Bristol, WI), Michael (b. 1860-1864 in WI) and Margaret (b. 1860-1865 in WI). I don't know if all three children were born in Bristol nor do I know how long the family stayed there. Perhaps they stayed with friends or relatives before heading on to Sauk Co., WI. (Other related surnames include CORRIGAN, MC GINTY, GALLAGHER, MC HUGH, HICKEY). Catherine had 3 brothers and 1 sister who settled in Wonewoc Twp., Juneau Co., WI. I've already requested birth records for the children from Kenosha County, but none are available. I'd like to know if there would be any early Catholic church records which might contain their baptism records. Does anyone have knowledge of the early history of Bristol, WI? I'm at a bit of a standstill with this family at this point in time. Any info. would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jlleffler 2 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
SRyndersKopec 28 Aug 2001 11:59PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions