Search for content in message boards

Frank Voracek (Vorachek) born 1807 in Bohemia

Replies: 8

Re: Frank Voracek (Vorachek) born 1807 in Bohemia

Posted: 22 Dec 2012 7:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blahnik, Sticka, Blaha, Kaiser
Hi, I do the Blahnik web page you referred to. I'll have to look more for information about Wenzel (Thomas) Blahnik born 1844 in Bohemia who married Anna (Emma) Worachek - daughter of Frank and Barbara (Husic) Husik.

I know for sure that the Thomas Blahnik born Oct 28, 1843 was a miller from U Blahniku #89 outside of Chodsko Lhota. Agnes Hallama commissioned some research about him because he is one of her ancestors.
He does not seem to be the Thomas Wenzel Blahnik you speak of. This Thomas married Barbara Bretl of Germany and 2 of their 5 children came to Canada. There is a descendent that is now part of the Blahnik DNA group.

Info on this Thomas includes:
Research commissioned by Agnes Hallama, conducted by David Hohout, Janackovo nabrezi 57, 150 00 Praha 5, Czech Republic
Archives SRA of Plzen, in the book no 24 of the roman-catholic parish Loucim, on page 65

Date of birth: Oct 28th 1843
dte of christening; 29th October
Birth place: Blahnik's mill, house #89 (but not listed of what village)

Name: Thomas
catholic, male born in lawful wedlock
The father: Adam Blahnik, the locat master miller, the matrimonical son of Jakub Blahnik, the local master miller - and of deceased Apolonia, born in the village Vilov, in the area of Chudenice estate.
The mother: Anna, the matrimonial daughter of Johann Weber, the day-labourer of Horsovky Tyn - and of deceased Mare nee (Radeg (?) from Hrichovice
The Godfather: Thomas Blahnik, the local master miller, +++ (=illiterate person) and Rosalie Kubovec, the farmer (female) from Libkov, +++
Baptised:Franz Lehrmann, the chaplian
The midwife: same (=Maria Foreit)
===
Now there is a Thomas who married Anna Vacek in IA but her parents were Joseph (Valcek) Vacek and Katarina Kraul
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XJZ1-6JD

I think it could be more liekly that Wenzel and Anny Blahnik from Carlton may have been the Wenzel Blahnik and Anna Woracek and this could be their daughter's marriage:

Wenzel Blahnik in entry for Joseph Koudelka and Farrie Blahnik, "Wisconsin, Marriages, 1836-1930
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XRPX-29T

groom's name: Joseph Koudelka
groom's birth date:
groom's birthplace: Rostek, Bohemian Europe
groom's age:
bride's name: Farrie Blahnik
bride's birth date:
bride's birthplace: Carlton, Kewaunee, Wisconsin
bride's age:
marriage date: 16 Apr 1901
marriage place: Carlton House, Kewaunee, Wisconsin
groom's father's name: Anton Koudelka
groom's mother's name: Anny Koudelka
bride's father's name: Wenzel Blahnik
bride's mother's name: Anny Blahnik

How does the name Thomas come about with this Wenzel Blahnik? I only know him as Wenzel and don't know his parents at this time.
Lori Dollevoet
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JanLane3662 21 Jul 2005 4:42AM GMT 
TammyEtn 24 Sep 2005 6:52AM GMT 
Janice Lane 24 Sep 2005 6:20PM GMT 
Tonicek 29 Sep 2006 10:48AM GMT 
HeuristicsInc 21 Dec 2012 8:39PM GMT 
LoriDollevoet... 23 Dec 2012 2:43AM GMT 
JanLane3662 30 Dec 2012 1:16AM GMT 
LoriDollevoet... 23 Dec 2012 2:57AM GMT 
JanLane3662 30 Dec 2012 1:09AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions