OTT Family Genealogy

Replies: 5

Re: OTT Family Genealogy

Jack Ott (View posts)
Posted: 8 Feb 2002 9:13AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jul 2005 6:16AM GMT
Surnames: OTT, ROTH, HOPPER,
You have a good idea, Susan. My "La Crosse OTT's" arrived in the La Crosse area about 1900 give or take a few years, from southern Indiana. John OTT was the first to arrive, and he married Hester WENZEL of Melrose, in Jackson Co. I believe that they continued to live in Jackson Co. My grandparents, William and Susie (HOPPER) OTT arrived in or about 1902 from Floyd Co., IN. They had ten children that reached adulthood: Cobert, Mervin ("Mernie", my father), Chester ("Chet"), Earl Shelby ("Eb"), Martha, Helen, Alberta, Wilbur "Dutch", Irene, and Cyril ("Billy" or "Harpo"). Some of the associated families who were spouses include DOERRE, NOOYEN, WALZ, VERSE, McGINNIS, KING, ZERNECKE, SCHLIGHT, GARDNER, HOPPERSTAD, and STUPKA.

William OTT's mother was Anna Maria ROTH. After she married Ferdinand OTT in Indiana, the rest of her family migrated to La Crosse and Buffalo Counties, arriving there in the 1850s and 60s. Descendants of the brothers John, Andrew, and Martin ROTH make up this family.

For those who think that there may be a connection, I would invite you to visit my website at:

http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~jackott/index.htm
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jackott2 17 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
snokes_1 3 Feb 2002 6:23AM GMT 
Jack Ott 3 Feb 2002 4:40PM GMT 
snokes_1 3 Feb 2002 8:12PM GMT 
Jack Ott 8 Feb 2002 4:13PM GMT 
kris77777 18 Jan 2013 9:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic