Search for content in message boards

OTT Family Genealogy

Replies: 5

Re: OTT Family Genealogy

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 1:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Dec 2002 9:08PM GMT
Surnames: Ott, Michels, Ullrich, Weisman, Tolens, Roemer, Blumentritt, Newburg, Koch, Kabat, Fox, Oyen, Weisman and Michels.
Hello Jack,

I belong to the "other" OTT Branch which came from Bavaria>New York>Milwaukee and settled in LaCrosse a bit earlier than your "OTT" branch.

For the sake of sharing with other researchers reading this page in the future:

Names associated with this LaCrosse Branch include:
Ullrich, Tolens, Roemer, Blumentritt, Newburg, Koch, Kabat, Fox, Oyen, Weisman and Michels.

My Branch came from Bavaria, Germany. George OTT being born in Neukirch, Bavaria, Germany June 16, 1838. The family emmigrated to the US in the year 1841.

George OTT's sister, Anna Ott-wife of Henricum Michels, being born in 1845--after their arrival in the US. Another sister of George's, Margaret Ott, was born in Wisconsin--likely in Milwaukee in 1849.

Benedict Ott, born June 03, 1836 in Bavaria, Germany>New York>Milwaukee> to LaCrosse. He married at St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Milwaukee, Wisconsin on February 17, 1857 to Theresa Ullrich. He left Milwaukee for Dubuque, Iowa in 1834 and came to La Crosse in 1855. In 1900 he lived at 929--4th Street, LaCrosse, LaCrosse County, Wisconsin.

Parents of this line were: John/Johan/Joannes/Joanum OTT and Magdelena (maiden name WEISMAN).

I look forward to any future contacts from people researching this line and thank you in advane for taking time to reply. I always like to search out possibilities.

I do not often return to this bulletin board, so please contact me at my e-mail address below.

Please feel free to give my e-mail address to any others who may contact you in the future regarding research on this line.

Happy Hunting,
Susan

Susan Nokes
27532 State Hwy 3 NE
Poulsbo, WA 98370
Tele: 360-697-6798
e-mail: snokes@tscnet.com

I would invite you to visit my website at:
http://www2.tscnet.com/~snokes
(This only has my paternal grandfather's side at this time. It is Italio-Albanian.
I need to update and add my German (Pomeranian, Bavarian, Rheinland), Luxembourg, and Polish side
My Husband's Scots, Irish, Welch and English side)
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jackott2 17 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
snokes_1 3 Feb 2002 6:23AM GMT 
Jack Ott 3 Feb 2002 4:40PM GMT 
snokes_1 3 Feb 2002 8:12PM GMT 
Jack Ott 8 Feb 2002 4:13PM GMT 
kris77777 18 Jan 2013 9:12AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic