Search for content in message boards

Henrietta Doyle Obit, b. Shulsburg d. Kansas

Replies: 1

Henrietta Doyle Obit, b. Shulsburg d. Kansas

Susan O'Meara (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 4:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
This is not my family, I simply found this obit shoved in an old book I bought on Canada. I'm hoping it will prove useful for someone else. Good Luck!

Henrietta Doyle was born in Shulsburg, Wisconsin, on March 2, 1870 and died at Beloit, Kansas on January 26, 1905.

Her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Doyle were among the early arrivals in Mitchell County, coming here in 1871 and settling in Plum Creek township. In 1874, they moved into Beloit township, onto the farm on which they still reside, and where the family of 4 children, of which Henrietta was the oldest, grew up, without a sorrow, until the recent breavement came along to sever the cords that bound the members inseparably together in the tie of deepest affection.

Henrietta attended the district school until she was 12 years old, her home being situated in District no. 1, the oldest in the county. When first starting to school she was among the youngest of the scholars, who were at that time being taught by the present Mrs. Hesser. The school house was a diminutive frame building that stood on the banks of the Mulberry creek, about a mile west of the present city limits of Beloit.

At the age of 12 she entered the city schools of Beloit. At this point the obituary goes on about how smart she was etc. and that she graduated at the age of 17 in the class of 1887. It states she then became a teacher and for 7 years taught school in Mitchell County in both the country and districts and in the city schools of Beloit.

Miss Doyle was a member of the Presbyterian church. The funeral was to take place on Saturday afternoon, January 28, and was very largely attended by friends and family. The Rev. J. G. Hilton counducted the service. She was buried in Elmwood Cemetery.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Susan O'Meara 14 Jan 2003 11:00PM GMT 
SEG06 17 Jul 2013 12:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions