Tormod, I have some info on Bertha's descendants. I can also tell you that the Peter Rood who died in Marinette was not her husband, as he is alive for the 1905, 1910 and 1920 censuses, still living in Argyle.
Descendants of Gulbrand Hovelsen
1. Bertha Marie Gulbrandson b: 03 Jun 1859 in Norway d: 26 Oct 1903 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
+Peter O Rood b: Aug 1847 in Hardanger, Norway
Known children of Peter and Bertha:
1. Beatta M Rood b: 20 Mar 1887 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI d: 25 Aug 1967 in Beloit, Rock, WI
+John F Hansen b: 28 Apr 1885 d: 19 Apr 1969 in Beloit, Rock, WI
2.Miranda Gusta Rood b: Feb 1889 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
1.+Lewis Larson Chenous b: 06 Feb 1883 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI d: 1920 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
2.+Adolph Erb b: 1884 in Switzerland
3. +Lewis Holman b: 29 Sep 1891 in Carney, MI d: 22 Feb 1923 in Freeport, Stephenson, IL
3. Tyler O Rood b: Apr 1891 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI
4. John Lewis Rood b: 12 Feb 1898 in Argyle, Lafayette, WI d: 09 Jan 1975 in Monroe, Green, WI
I have source information for these details. in addition to multiple generations of descendants. Her daughter Randa married into the Chenous family, to which I'm related. Please let me know what additional details would be useful to you.
I'd love to hear a bit about Bertha's parents and sister and where they lived.