Search for content in message boards

Help with Albert and Angeline Hall family

Replies: 0

Help with Albert and Angeline Hall family

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 8:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillman, Hall
I'm looking for information about the family of Albert Hall, born about 1820 in New York (possibly Oneida County), who married Angeline (m.n. unknown) from Oneida County. They had one son, Charles V. Hall, abt 1844, before leaving New York for Wisconsin. They had a daughter, Frances Virginia Hall, in Benton, Lafayette County, Wisconsin, in 1848, and they were still located in Benton in the 1850 census.

Sometime between 1849 and 1852, Albert and Angeline had their final child, Henry Asbury Hall, probably in Lafayette or Grant County, Wisconsin. His line is the one I am most interested in. I have been unable to find a birth or death record.

Albert died 4 Jan 1853 at sea while en route to the California gold rush via the isthmus of Panama. His death notice in a San Francisco newspaper states that he was from Grant County, Wisconsin.

Angeline remarried after Albert's death to Moses Gillman, b abt 1821 in Maine. They, along with Angeline's three Hall children, were living in Hazel Green, Grant County, Wisconsin in 1860. Sometime between then and the 1880 census, they moved to East Dubuque, Illinois, where Angeline still lived as of 1890.

Does anyone recognize this family?

I'm especially interested in any church records for them in Lafayette County, including birth records of Frances Virginia Hall and possibly her brother Frances Asbury Hall. Also any mentions of Albert Hall's death in a local newspaper.

Thanks in advance,
Nancy Rutman

Find a board about a specific topic