Search for content in message boards

Peter and Pauline/Paulina (nee Plisch) Loyson/Loysen

Replies: 4

Re: Peter and Pauline/Paulina (nee Plisch) Loyson/Loysen

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 1:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Amanda,

It's probable that our Plisch families are related as Karlsthal (now known as Karlovice) was very close Kuttleberg, where my ancestors were known to live. The Plisch surname was relatively rare (and still is). Karlsthal was in the Bruntal district and Kuttelberg was in the Krnov district. These districts were recently combined by the Czech government into one district.

I've done some research into the Plisch families living in this area in the 19th century, and I'm convinced they're related, but I can't prove it yet. Due to money and time constraints, most of my research has targeted Plisch families in the USA. So far, I've been able to trace every Plisch family I've found in the USA back to my great great grandparents. I have plans to continue research (later this year - maybe) on the Plisch families of Silesia (especially Austria Silesia), and I've made some contacts to facilitate this. If you contact me at desalvg@aol.com, I can send you more information, and I promise to keep you informed of what I find if you'll do the same.

Greg
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GDeSalva 12 Mar 2012 10:58PM GMT 
drngtrees 13 Mar 2012 12:19PM GMT 
GDeSalva 13 Mar 2012 1:39PM GMT 
sandywitney 13 Apr 2012 9:32AM GMT 
GDeSalva 18 Apr 2012 7:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions