Search for content in message boards

Peter and Pauline/Paulina (nee Plisch) Loyson/Loysen

Replies: 4

Re: Peter and Pauline/Paulina (nee Plisch) Loyson/Loysen

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 7:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Pösen. According to the information I have her birth place is: Prossekel, Kreis Filehne, Pösen, Prussia. I have also seen her birth place listed as Pösen, Saale-Holzland-Kreis, Thueringen, Germany.
The family is originally from Austria (Silesia). Paulina is the daughter of Gottlieb and Caroline Plisch. There were Plisch families throughout Silesia (both Austria and Prussia). Gottlieb is from Austria Silesia and started his family there. His first children were born in Austria Silesia. Then he took his family north to Pösen, where several more children were born. Then they immigrated to Marathon County, Wisconsin, in 1857. This is where Paulina and Peter were married. Once Peter and Paulina settled in Merrill, I believe they stayed there until Peter's death (prior to 1930). Afterward, Paulina lived with her daughter and son-in-law, Laura and Champier Hein, in Pasedena, California. I assume Paulina died in California, but I don't know. I believe Peter is either buried in Merrill, or possibly the Wausau/Berlin area. (Several of Paulina's family members are buried in Friedenshain Cemetery.) It's possible Paulina may be buried next to Peter, or in California. I would think either way there would have been an obituary for both Peter and Paulina in the Wausau/Merrill papers as there were many family members in these areas. I can't find any death or burial record anywhere, and I'm hoping someone knows something about these two.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
GDeSalva 12 Mar 2012 10:58PM GMT 
drngtrees 13 Mar 2012 12:19PM GMT 
GDeSalva 13 Mar 2012 1:39PM GMT 
sandywitney 13 Apr 2012 9:32AM GMT 
GDeSalva 18 Apr 2012 7:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions