Search for content in message boards

ELIAS (Nicholas and Balthasar), also Von Elias

Replies: 6

Re: ELIAS (Nicholas and Balthasar), also Von Elias

Posted: 8 Jul 2011 9:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ELIAS
You have proof they are brothers?! That has been strictly conjecture on my part due to when they came over to the US (together, w/Mary), lived near each other for a time, and that there are some duplicate names in the families. I saw a picture online of George II and the facial bone structure and eyes looks very much like Nic's. Longshot here: you have any pictures of Nic and Balty, together OR separate? I have been researching Balthasar's line and figured out the migrations of most of the offspring. Linking the 2 families would be a HUGE validation in my research. I haven't determined where his grave is yet, either, nor have I found Mary Kremer Elias, although she might be in Portage Co. I don't have any information (unless my mother has from her mother) about Nic before he came to America and don't have an absolute date when they were married. Not sure where you are with your research, but Balty is on the 1860 census, but I cannot find Nic, either in Wisconsin or Michigan. Let me know if you are interested in Nic's line - I have been getting more and more in just the last couple of years.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
v313warbler 5 Dec 2005 7:02PM GMT 
jenfairfax 11 Oct 2009 1:13AM GMT 
v_warbler 12 Oct 2009 4:04PM GMT 
juliekovacic1 8 Jul 2011 4:22AM GMT 
juliekovacic1 8 Jul 2011 4:22AM GMT 
v_warbler 8 Jul 2011 3:00PM GMT 
v_warbler 4 Dec 2012 4:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions