Search for content in message boards

St. Joseph's church next to Silver Lake Convent on Alverno Road

Replies: 3

Re: St. Joseph's church next to Silver Lake Convent on Alverno Road

Posted: 6 Jan 2013 9:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Location: These cemeteries are located two miles west of the junction of Highway 141 and 151 on highway 151, and the T Road intersection of Alverno Road. The new cemetery is located on the side of a sloping hill to the east of the driveway near the highway. The older cemetery is located next to Holy Family Convent and is bordered on the west by St. Joseph Parish Church and school. It is also commonly known as Holy Family Cemetery and the sisters cemetery, though there are a number of lay people buried here. Indexed July 24 and 25 of 1976, by Marcie Baer, Member of Manitowoc County Old Cem. Soc. The oldest stone listed is that of a lay person, Amalia Fessler who died Sept. 26, 1866. Updated by the Manitowoc Genealogy Society Sept. 2009, Added to this site Oct. 2010

Sister Donna Marie is the archivist for the Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity, you can direct requests to her at:
Franciscan Sisters of Christian Charity
2409 S. Alverno Road, Manitowoc
Wisconsin 920-682-7728
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KateNich 11 May 2009 4:38PM GMT 
spuls31 4 Jun 2009 5:02PM GMT 
jharold142 13 Aug 2009 9:56AM GMT 
Jeff Guidinge... 6 Jan 2013 4:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

  • Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions