Search for content in message boards

Barsul / Stanul / Zur

Replies: 0

Barsul / Stanul / Zur

Posted: 31 Jan 2014 11:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barsul Stanul Zur
I am researching the Barsul/ Stanul and Zur families. John Joseph Barsul died in Two Rivers in Feb. 1950. He immigrated to the US from Poland / Russia / Lithuania and married Anna Zur.

Anna immigrated to this country and traveled with her brother Ludwig (Louis) Zur and according to family lore, her uncle. The ship's record shows Kasimer (Charles Stanul) and his wife traveling with Anna. All these folks ended up in Two Rivers, Wisconsin.

The Stanul family (pronounced Tunnel) when Anna Zur Barsul and daughter Veronica (Vera) spoke in Polish.

I have "built out" family trees for the Stanul family on ancestry.com. According to Anna Zur Barsul's obit, her mother was Agatha Stanul and father was Anthony Zur, again this family was probably from the same area - what is now Villna, Lithuania.

I am hoping to connect and share information with others. I'm pretty stuck on the Barsul surname but I see that there are other Barsul's who passed through Two Rivers. In fact there is a Jan Barsul who died (1881-1909) and is buried at Calvary in Two Rivers. I am not sure of the connection to John but I am sure that it must be there. Additionally, there was a Matt Barsul in the 1910 Two Rivers census living with Ludwig Zur (Anna's brother), John Barsul and others.

I hope to hear from others. Thank you!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions