Search for content in message boards

Beilke in Marathon County

Replies: 11

Re: Beilke/Butt

Posted: 13 Oct 2010 11:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Butt, Butte, Jordon, Buhlke, Beilke, Matzke, Arndt, Furer, Henk, Henke
I am searching for the siblings and parents of my great grandfather - Karll Friedrich Ludwig Butt who was b 18/Sep/1835 in Germany.

My grandfather - August Butt; a brother - Wilhelm Butt; a sister - Augusta Butt - and their parents - Karll/Carl Butt/Butte and Johanna Karoliene Jordon Butt departed from Stettin Germany on the ship Polynesia and arrived in New York April 27, 1891. I had a terrible time finding the record. Their last name was misspelled Bull - someone forgot to cross their "t's". This is the right aged people, in the right family group, at the right time. Source: Ancestry.com; New York Passenger Lists, 1820 - 1957; Microfilm serial - M237; Microfilm roll - M237-566. Line - 32; List # 549.

My grandfather always said they "landed in WI and then moved to (Western, Saline Co.) NE." Looking at the obit of Karll Butt they probably were in WI for about a year. I don't know where. The oldest son of Karll Butt was already in Western, NE so my guess is that there were relatives in WI - Karll's brothers, sisters?

Listed in the passenger list - right after the Butt family - is a family that I cannot make out the name. Then is a widow - Charlotte Jordon; then a Buhlke/Beilke family. My guess is that the widow Jordon was a sister-in-law to my g-grandmother - Karoliene Jordon Butt and probably the mother of one or both of the wives of the Buhlke and ? family. The Butt family was from the village of Dobberphul.

There are Buhlke families in NE but I have found nothing that puts them in Saline Co NE in the mid 1890's. There was a Friedrich Ferdinand Jordon b Feb 1870 in Germany m Mathilde Mary Matzke Dec 1892 in Green Co, WI. They later moved to Elgin, IL. Wilhelm Butt also moved to Elgin IL.

The names of the children of Karll Butt and Karoliene Jordon were: Johanna [Butt] Arndt - stayed in Germany; Franz Wilhelm Friedreck Butt; Ludwig Karl Butt; Ernestine Caroline Christine [Butt] Furer - stayed in Germany; Luise Wilhelmine Augusta Butt - died in Germany; Augusta Marie [Butt] Henk; August Herm Butt and Wilhelm Frederick Butt.

If anyone knows if/how this Butt family connects with Butt, Buhlke/Beilke or Jordon families living in WI during this time - please contact me. rkleve@yahoo.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
kaltom 24 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Edy Seehafer 25 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
kaltom 26 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Audrey Stedman 26 Aug 2001 7:30AM GMT 
Karen Thompson 26 Aug 2001 5:06PM GMT 
Nicole Sann-Loomis 4 Nov 2002 7:05PM GMT 
rkleve1 14 Oct 2010 5:47AM GMT 
Edy Seehafer 27 Aug 2001 6:17AM GMT 
Dean 28 Mar 2003 4:14PM GMT 
Jane Petrie 16 Feb 2013 10:16PM GMT 
per page