Search for content in message boards

Kroening / Boelte Family

Replies: 0

Kroening / Boelte Family

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 8:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello

I am third generation New Zealand, tracing my German ancestry and my Great-great-grandparents were Frederick Wilhelm Kroening and Wilhelmina Anna Boelte

My Great-grandfather was Wilhelm Frederick Kroening born in Berlin 1853

Our family story is that Wilhelm’s father Frederick wanted Wilhelm to join the German Navy however Wilhelm didn’t want to join the navy and at 15 years old he ran away from his family in Berlin. Wilhelm became a cook on ships, sailing around the world before eventually landing in New Zealand, where he jumped ship. He later married Paulina Witkowksi, originally from Poland and they had a large family and lived in New Zealand for the remainder of their lives.

The attached photo is believed to be of Wilhelm’s Mother Wilhelmina Ann Kroening (nee Boelte) with her 2 sons & 2 daughters possibly taken in Berlin. Unfortunately we don’t know the names of the sons and daughters. I understand there is quite a large population of Kroening’s in Wisconsin, so I wondered if anyone recognizes the photo or perhaps knows this Kroening family who we believe were originally from Berlin.

My email address is: loftus_claire@hotmail.com

Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic