Search for content in message boards

KLAVER FAMILY OF WISCONSIN

Replies: 9

KLAVER FAMILY OF WISCONSIN

Posted: 17 Sep 2009 3:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KLAVER / PAULS / BAKKUM / BEEMSTER / SHARKEY
Hello,

My Bakkum / Pauls family immigrated from Noord-Holland in the Netherlands. The name of Klaver is very prominent in my BAKKUM / PAULS / SHARKEY family.

PETER KLAVER and CATHERINE BAKKUM are listed as godparents to several of my great-grandparents' children. I don't know if Peter and Catherine were married because the Catholic Church listed a woman's surmane as her maiden name. It seems suspicious that they are always together in each of the baptismal records and I thought there was a good chance that they were married. Catherine's surname was spelled 'Bakken', 'Bakem, 'Beccum, and 'Bakum' in various records. I suppose that any surname sounding similar would be worth looking into. HENRY PAULS and MARY BAKKUM were my great-grandparents. They lived in Green Bay, WI and Marinette, WI. Mary lived with her daughter, MARIE PAULS SHARKEY, in Hermansville, MI after Henry's death and until her own death in 1942.

THEODORE KLAVER AND CORNELIS KLAVER were pallbearers for my great-grandfather, HENRY PAULS in Marinette, Wisconsin in 1932.

CEPHAS KLAVER and his wife, GERALDINE, were my father's godparents. My father, RONALD SHARKEY, was baptised in Marinette, Wisconsin in 1922. I know that he was fond of them and visited with them on his way home from India at the end of World War II.

I am hoping that someone will recognize this Klaver family and help me verify or dismiss that the connections between our families are more than just friendships and that there are family ties.

Thank you,
Karen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KRackow 17 Sep 2009 9:48PM GMT 
mjancestor2 6 Oct 2009 10:19PM GMT 
KRackow 8 Oct 2009 11:48PM GMT 
mjancestor2 9 Oct 2009 12:16AM GMT 
shirkmom 5 Nov 2009 12:46AM GMT 
jpklaver 9 Aug 2012 9:18PM GMT 
shirkmom 9 Aug 2012 10:24PM GMT 
jpklaver 10 Aug 2012 1:48AM GMT 
Walkingproud5... 10 Apr 2013 12:52AM GMT 
shirkmom 16 Apr 2013 11:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions