Search for content in message boards

Keller in Milwaukee

Replies: 5

Re: Keller in Milwaukee

Posted: 31 Jan 2002 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 8:42PM GMT
Hi Paula,

Thank you for providing a pleasant surprise.

Yes George and Amalius are my relatives. My census copies indicate exactly the same type of employment and location as your directory. I am not aware nor do I have any further proof of any relationship to the others you listed. Although George and Amalius were unknown to my family until I discovered them late last year.

I wonder if you would be so kind as to scan me a copy of your directory or perhaps I could obtain a photocopy from you directly? (I would happily S.A.S.E. plus copy costs). Would you know of the existence of an earlier Directory?

Thank you also for the information on Market Street. I must assume that my Keller's lived smack dab in the middle of town. I wonder how these immigrant did that? I mean isn't that like prime real estate? Perhaps it wasn't quite so prime when they arrived.

I am excitedly waiting for Amalius' death records in hopes that I can locate his cemetery information (it should arrive in my mailbox anyday now). I am assuming that he and his parents, wife and children can be located nearby upon their deaths.

I also find that Amailius' son George (a bank clerk - circa 1880) resided with his wife and children on Broadway.

Thank you again for brightening my day with your help.

Kate
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MKHarvey 26 Jan 2002 5:28PM GMT 
Paula 31 Jan 2002 10:56PM GMT 
MKHarvey 1 Feb 2002 12:48AM GMT 
Paula 1 Feb 2002 11:03PM GMT 
MKHarvey 2 Feb 2002 1:25AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 20 Mar 2013 11:29PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic