Search for content in message boards

Tracing my family line.

Replies: 3

Tracing my family line.

Kathleen L'Ecluse (Kraft) (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2004 10:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kraft, Nowak, VesLoski, Okusinki
I am trying to trace my family line and am hoping there are are relatives in the Wisconsin area that can help me. My father, Joseph Kraft was born in Stratford Wisconsin in 1911. His father was Ferdinand A. Kraft, and his mother was Julia Nowak. My father was named after his mother's father, Joseph Nowak. Both grandparents were born in Wisconsin. My grandfather in Milwaukee, and my grandmother in Marathon, Wisconsin; I found this out through death certificates. I have not had any luck finding birth records for either person, but am told that that is not uncommon for the 1800s. I do have death cerficates for both which gives me a lot of information, but am now at a standstill. I do know that they were Catholics, and thought I might be able to find records through the church.
Finding that they both were born in Wisconsin was a surprise to me as I had been told as a child that they had been born in Germany. I am not sure which is correct. I do not know much about my grandmother, but have an 1880 census of my great grandfather with my grandfather listed as one of the children. My Great grandfather was Albert Kraft, who was 47 at the time of the 1880 census. His wife was Josephine VesLoski, age 35 They had a son Anton -16, a son August-14, a daughter Julia-10, another daughter Maragaretha ? (am not sure of the spelling as the census is not real clear) age 6. Then Ferdinand, my grandfather was next in line; he was 5, then there was Elizabetha age 3. There was also a brother August, age 35, listed on the census, giving me the impression that he must have been living with them at the time the 1880 census was taken. The census was from Milwaukee county, Wisconsin.

According to the death certificates of both grandparents the following are the names of my relative that I know. Grandfather - Ferdinand A. Kraft, his wife and my Grandmother - Julia Nowak, my great grandfather on my grandfather's side, Albert Kraft his wife and my great grandmother was Josephine VesLoski. On my grandmother's side. Her father, my great grandfather was Joseph Nowak his wife and my great grandmother was Tereas Okusinki.

I want to start a family book and if there is anyone who is related to either person or or their decendants I would love to hear from you. As there were a lot of siblings known on my grandfather's side I am hoping for some results. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Kathleen L'Ecluse (Kraft) 26 Nov 2004 5:50PM GMT 
lhtalbot 29 Nov 2004 10:49PM GMT 
Kathleen L'Ecluse (Kraft) 30 Nov 2004 8:36PM GMT 
rebholzgary 3 Nov 2012 2:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions