Search for content in message boards

Schreibers (Johann) from Prussia, to Milwaukee about 1859

Replies: 4

Schreibers (Johann) from Prussia, to Milwaukee about 1859

suzi (View posts)
Posted: 4 Apr 2006 1:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schreiber/Schrieber/Garbisch/Riedel
I descend from a johann & Elizabeth(or marie) Schreiber/Schrieber who immigrated from Prussia in about 1859 into Milwaukee - believe they settled there

Johann and his wife had a daughter Johanna, who married a Johann Garbisch -& this couple ended up in the Clark Co, Grant township area - In Johannas bio it talked of her parents having settled in Milwaukee so this is how I obtained this info

so - I am so hoping to find photos of any of this family or any of Johann and Johanna Schreiber Garbisch.........finding photos really brings the family alive for me & is my favorite find when doing genealogy.

I have the Garbisch garden book but there are not photos of the Schreibers nor are there photos of Johann Garbisch or his father George Garbisch and wife Marie Riedel Garbisch (george b 1798)

I am hoping to find someone out there who has perhaps just come upon some photos, or maybe you have just inherited a trunk from Aunt Betty & inside is a treasure trove of info? Would love to hear from anyone who could share photos - I have a lot of info from the Garbisch garden book on the Garbisch line from Prussia to WI but again, no photos of George or Johann and then very little on the Schreibers

hope someone out there can make my day - take care & thanks for listening

sue
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
suzi 4 Apr 2006 7:48PM GMT 
P_Mila 16 Jun 2006 7:27AM GMT 
L_Dowty60 29 Jul 2009 8:20PM GMT 
L_Dowty60 29 Jul 2009 8:21PM GMT 
rebholzgary 19 Apr 2013 3:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions