Search for content in message boards

Nicholas and Phillipine Martin on 1860 Milwaukee Co. Census

Replies: 10

Re: Nicholas and Phillipine Martin on 1860 Milwaukee Co. Census

Posted: 12 Feb 2009 1:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you for your reply to my old, old query. I have found Nicholas and Phillipine on the 1860 and 1880 Wisconsin Census records. Their daughter, Phillipine Martin, came to Wisconsin in 1854 and she was my great-great-grandmother. Apparently she knew my G-G-grandfather in Germany and came over so they could be married. He came to Wisconsin in 1850. They had 3 sons,Frederich, George and Charles(my grandfather). Philipine's husband(Frederich Reinacker was wounded in the civil war and died as a result of the wounds in about 1867. Philipine and the 3 sons ended up down here in Mississippi. I have found Philipine and son, Federich on the 1880 Mississippi Census. The son, George, is on the 1880 Wisconsin Census, living with his uncle, Martin Martin. In the same household are Nicholas and Phillipine Martin, so I am pretty certain that I have the correct information. Later, George joined his mother and two brothers here in Mississippi.
I would appreciate a copy on the family tree that you have. I am not subscribed to Ancestry.Com at the present time. I know very little about the Martin family and don't have much info about them in Wisconsin and/or Germany.
Phillipine was married two additional times and died in Mississippi, but I haven't been able to find where she is buried. Her husband is buried somewhere in Wisconsin, but I haven't found that location either.
On the 1880 census that shows Phillipine, she has two sons, from another marriage living with her. There is also a daughter, named Mary, and I haven't been able to place where she fits in. She may have been a Reinacker or she may have been a Brassel(Phillipine's 2d marriage). I have been in contact with the Brassel family, but they seemto know even less than I do about our common ancestors.
I really appreciate any help you might give me.
Dudley Rinicker
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rinicker 30 May 2007 1:08AM GMT 
ranslady 11 Feb 2009 6:40AM GMT 
rinicker 12 Feb 2009 8:55PM GMT 
ranslady 13 Feb 2009 3:14AM GMT 
lhillman 15 Feb 2009 10:39PM GMT 
ranslady 15 Feb 2009 11:47PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 12 Sep 2011 8:12PM GMT 
lhillman 13 Sep 2011 2:47AM GMT 
ELLinSpain 13 Sep 2011 9:24AM GMT 
grebholz 17 Jun 2012 5:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions