Search for content in message boards

Obituary of Carl Zibolsky and John Maas

Replies: 6

Re: Carl Zibolsky or John Maas in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 4:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2013 10:03AM GMT
Surnames: Zibolsky Zibolski Maas
Your research expectations are too high for a newspaper clipping about the average Milwaukeean. But there are exceptions, and a handy resource like my index saves a lot of wasted research time.
I've indexed the death notices in the German papers for both those men, maybe their wives or other family too. There weren't any obituaries for them and I don't see any matches for wedding anniversary clippings or other biographical clippings.

You may be able to compile the details you want with the standard research strategy: birth marriage & death records for the family; family church records (baptism, marriage, burial), and the clippings referenced above. Sometimes you have to cast a wider net: siblings or cousins.
You can contact me directly for my modest service to collect and translate those clippings, or ask for a volunteer to do so.

Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
agruling 13 Mar 2013 6:52PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 14 Mar 2013 8:19AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 14 Mar 2013 2:38PM GMT 
agruling 14 Mar 2013 3:05PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 14 Mar 2013 10:48PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 15 Mar 2013 4:17PM GMT 
agruling 15 Mar 2013 7:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions