Search for content in message boards

Obituary of Carl Zibolsky and John Maas

Replies: 6

Re: Obituary of Carl Zibolsky and John Maas

Posted: 15 Mar 2013 10:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2013 11:02AM GMT
Surnames: Zibolsky Zibolski Zibolske Maas Mass
Al -- I've responded to your email, but there's another potential hint for your Maas research that I've indexed (see my first published volume this summer ;-)

Since we've confirmed that John Maas was Johann Philipp Maas, I have index entries for a "J. P. Mass", who was a mason by trade and had a letter held for him at the post office in July 1860. The letter was postmarked from Schönberg, and was due to be returned there (the letter is not archived).
That's the kind of hint that you may see matched in another record - even if spelled badly or differently.
And is a Maas / Mass spelling variation any more of a surprise than the variations of Zibolsky Zibolski and Zibolske found in the German papers? (Carl's name is spelled Zibolski in the German papers.)

That's the kind of research detail that local researchers and lib'arians glean from my postings to present as their own original research!

Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items; 1844 ...1950 / an ongoing, independent project created, compiled and edited by Gary R. Rebholz.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
agruling 13 Mar 2013 6:52PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 14 Mar 2013 8:19AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 14 Mar 2013 2:38PM GMT 
agruling 14 Mar 2013 3:05PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 14 Mar 2013 10:48PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 15 Mar 2013 4:17PM GMT 
agruling 15 Mar 2013 7:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions