Search for content in message boards

obituary request - Hiram Folts 1881

Replies: 5

Re: obituary request - Hiram Folts 1881

Posted: 2 May 2013 12:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 May 2013 12:39PM GMT
Thank you! I had seen most of this in other people's trees. (except a few of the bios, thank you!). I'm trying to find that proof positive that Hiram does indeed belong to Joseph. I've done quite a bit of research on Joseph, finding land deeds, his will, etc. But nothing that positively links him to Hiram, other than the two men being from the same town. But if I didn't know what people said the link between them was, I could easily believe he was an uncle, a cousin, or just another relative of some sort.

A few years ago, I had to totally start my tree over. I had accepted practically anything I found online to be true, and ended up with a tree that was so full of errors, it made my head spin. So I completely deleted everything and started fresh. This time I'm trying to conduct my research as if I don't know who everyone says belongs in the tree. Just what I find to be true and proven. I have emailed several people on ancestry with the Hiram/Joseph link to see if anyone has proof, but so far no responses. I'm staying hopeful though! :)

Perhaps I'm a bit overzealous in my need for definitive proof. (That saying I don't have to have an official document stating yes this is it... but I have to have enough to link them together). I guess, like they say, once bitten....
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Gen4You 30 Apr 2013 4:02PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 1 May 2013 7:05AM GMT 
Gen4You 1 May 2013 1:41PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 1 May 2013 2:15PM GMT 
Gen4You 2 May 2013 6:36PM GMT 
ELLinSpain 2 May 2013 6:39PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions