"According to the Valley Advocate, the first newspaper printed by Edward T. Hale at Valley Junction, there were two churches. One was, The Valley Junction, Monroe County, Wisconsin Branch, Northern District, Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 1st called Evergreen Branch, organized 18 Feb. 1889 by Frank Hackett. Existing records show the church being in use through 1914. Family names belonging to the church were: Hancock, Wood, Shaw, Root, Sawley, Chapman, Allen, Pars, Nute, Coles, Streator, Kennedy, Closson, Shedd, Fuller, Ladder, Whitaker, Ellison, Shank, Prethrow, Locy, Dorn, Miller, Keys, Wapshall, Edwards, Lacy, Toothman, Thompson, Stebbins, Greenleaf, Loomis, Vanalstine, Wright, Clain, Kroll, Shanks, Windsor, Barry, Rose, Johnson, Waste, Long, Brockman, Luce, Brown, Green, Dezotell, Chatfield, berry, franks, Nance, Tucker, Post, Pittinger, Noyes, Halt, Muerman, Pearl, Pumuck, Groshoff, Vickery, Yelton, Barrick, Steele, Kaminski, Frederick, Bowen, Olson, Baker, Eddy, Blakeny, Scafe, Hemstock, Jermone, Knapp, Wells, Peters, Peterson, David, Hillyer, Mason, Rich, Tadder, Getman, Polske, Winnie, Kellicutt, Finn, Parce, Fox, Stone, Clain and Tafflae."
- From Monroe County, Wisconsin Pictorial History 1976, pages 162 - 163, Monroe County Bicentennial Committee