Search for content in message boards

Ninham ancestors - Family is Oneida Indian

Replies: 4

Re: Ninham ancestors - Family is Oneida Indian

Posted: 25 Jun 2009 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: House, Bowman, Paulson
Morris Ninham is my father. He was born in October about 1914. He married my mother, Colleen Estelle Bowman. Morris and Colleen had 12 children that survived to adulthood. I am the oldest male child, born in 1939

Morris father was Thomas House Ninham THN's parents were Lucy House and Antone Ninham. Thomas House, Lucy's father, adopted Thomas. When Thomas House died, there was a lawsuit brought to claim a part of his estate. This lawsuit went all the way to the Supreme Court of Wisconsin..leaving a record of births, marriages, etc.

Thomas House Ninham married Ellen Aaron ne Skenandore. They had 8 sons an 1 daughter. Thomas & Ellen separated when my father, Morris, was an infant. Ellen moved to Morgan siding with her family.

The Ninham boys were all athletic. Ellen, their mother, formed a baseball team and regularly played other local baseball teams.

Morgan Siding is close to the Stockbridge-Munsee band of Mahicans. My mother Colleen Estelle was 1/2 Stockbridge-Munsee Mohican. Her father, Mont Bowman was listed on the Stockbridge rolls as full blooded. He Married Eva Paulson.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ninham 12 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
mauriceninham... 25 Jun 2009 11:00PM GMT 
wynnstrahle1 26 Mar 2010 12:19AM GMT 
mauricetonto 28 May 2013 3:06AM GMT 
mauriceninham... 25 Jun 2009 11:03PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions