Search for content in message boards

Hells in Friestadt

Replies: 5

Re: Hells in Friestadt

Posted: 6 Jan 2009 5:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hell, Wolf, Doell
wow! thank you, Tom.
My husband is related through Wilhelm and Sophia's daughter Maria Elizabeth Wilhelmine who married John Bartholomew Doell. I only have 7 children listed for W & S. I do have access to a picture of the two of them. My husband's family has always said that the last name was changed from Hell to Hall on immigration (which i have not found to be true so far) and also that william was a minister (also not true so far). they even have a very old book by Martin Luther that was printed in the 1500's that was supposed to be one of a set of seven books and has been passed down from generation to generation supposedly from William's family. No idea how that all fits in with anything!
i have found 2 land patents for a william/wilhelm hell in 1844. one in washington co and one in milwaukee co. i also have census images for them for 1850, 1860, 1870, and 1880 all in Mequon, Ozaukee co.
they are a bit of a mystery for me. thank you for helping me clear up a few things. if i have anything you need, just let me know, i am happy to share!
jen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tjwitzel 1 Jan 2009 7:03PM GMT 
pan_mila 6 Jan 2009 8:56PM GMT 
tjwitzel 7 Jan 2009 12:40AM GMT 
pan_mila 7 Jan 2009 3:59AM GMT 
tjwitzel 8 Jan 2009 3:04AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 23 May 2013 1:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic