Search for content in message boards

Wilhelm, Johann or Johanna, Louise ZIEMER

Replies: 1

Re: Wilhelm, Johann or Johanna, Louise ZIEMER

Posted: 23 May 2013 8:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 May 2013 8:50AM GMT
Surnames: Ziemer Tredersdorf Vogel Ptak Trabbold Kemp Koepke Schumacher Neuendorf Canitz Pooch Groth Heidtke Brandt Bublitz Greening Stiehl Giencke Kroening Peters Petri Wichtendahl Wittstock
"I am searching for family members of my great grandfather Heinrich Johann Ziemer of Wauwatosa ... I believe the Ziemers of Ozaukee County may be siblings or brothers and sisters of his. His parents were Carl and Wilhelmine Ziemer of Pomerania (perhaps in Dodge County in 1870>) Heinrich was born in 1843 in Pomerania. In the 1880's, godparents for his children in Wauwatosa included Johann Ziemer, Wilhelm Ziemer, and Louise Ziemer. This may have been an Ozaukee County family. Any Ziemer info for this period most gratefully accepted."

I've indexed about 130 entries or references to the Ziemer name found in Milwaukee's German newspapers. Many of them were clearly living in the 1880s. There are possible matches to your Wilhelm, Johann or Johanna (that's a boy and a girl), and Louise.
Some of the other surnames I've referenced with these entries are: Tredersdorf Vogel Ptak Trabbold Kemp Koepke Schumacher Neuendorf Canitz Pooch Groth Heidtke Brandt Bublitz Greening Stiehl Giencke Kroening Peters Petri Wichtendahl Wittstock.

I hope this helps!

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pforden 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 23 May 2013 2:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic