Search for content in message boards

GRUENWALD/SCHEFFNER

Replies: 4

Re: Scheffner & Grünewald in Milwaukee's German newspapers, March 1878.

Posted: 26 Feb 2014 2:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Thank you! I had thought to go to Madison because of the historical society but could just as easily go to Milwaukee. I actually wanted to go back to Mequon when the weather warms up a little, I am currently in southern Ashland county here in Butternut up north. I had searched for the Schaeffner's for a long time, finally finding them in Mequon, through the Gruenewald's. I am a distance learning student at UW Superior so also have access to the UW system libraries. I hear UW Milwaukee has a good one. I was very intrigued to learn more about the family, as the Schaeffner's story so far at least, seems so sad for a family that came so far for a new life. Am I understanding correctly that the index is available in Milwaukee? I have many genealogical reasons to come back to spend time there as well. I am so pleased that there is so much available to search. The family has been quite a mystery to me until recently. There is much to be found on the Gruenewald's but hardly anything at all on the Schaeffner's. How exciting it must be to read all of those old newspapers! I imagine it gets tedious at times, but just reading about day to day life back then must really be neat.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bazzman793 15 Apr 2004 5:34AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 28 Jun 2013 3:48PM GMT 
lrsenne07 23 Feb 2014 6:29AM GMT 
GaryRRebholz 23 Feb 2014 5:48PM GMT 
lrsenne07 26 Feb 2014 9:14AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic