Search for content in message boards

Do You Need Help in Ozaukee cty. Research?

Replies: 84

Re: Do You Need Help in Ozaukee cty. Research?

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 9:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Carole, Thank you so much for responding and being willing to help. The historic landmark is the former homestead (home and about 9 remaining acres) of my great-grandfather, Phillip Klumb. It is located at 8440 W Donges Bay Rd. I have been in e-mail communication with the present occupant of the home but have yet to receive any further info or photos of the house. I remember visiting there when a very small child with my parents when Otto, Phillip & Augusta's son, lived there. I know that Phillip, Augusta, Otto, and LIllie are buried at W.Mequon Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery but know nothing else about the family except that daughter Amanda married my grandfather, David Strack.
I would like to know so many things about this family....who their parents were, when they came to America and from what city or town in Germany, cause of deaths, etc. I've written the local library in Mequon but they had no information and forwarded to the Mequon Historical Society from whom I have not heard from. I would think the Ozaukee Co Courthouse would have records but not sure. I think there also is some confusion as Ozaukee Co used to be , or a part of , Washington Co.?
Any help you could kindly provide with finding my roots would be so appreciated. Thank you!
Jen
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol_in_OZ 24 Aug 2011 6:04PM GMT 
naomilar 11 Jan 2012 9:30PM GMT 
pegdoyle_1 2 Dec 2011 9:47PM GMT 
Carol_in_OZ 15 Dec 2011 6:48PM GMT 
pegdoyle_1 21 Jan 2012 9:38PM GMT 
soaringsoftly 22 May 2012 12:11AM GMT 
Carol_in_OZ 31 May 2012 6:46PM GMT 
soaringsoftly 1 Jun 2012 3:09PM GMT 
Carol_in_OZ 18 Jun 2012 5:52PM GMT 
soaringsoftly 18 Jun 2012 8:45PM GMT