Search for content in message boards

Do You Need Help in Ozaukee cty. Research?

Replies: 84

Re: Do You Need Help in Ozaukee cty. Research?

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 1:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mary -

The lady you are looking for is buried in Union Cemetery in Port Washington, Ozaukee county, Wisconsin. Her cause of death is noted as pneumonia and she was buried on 21 Feb 1905. (Union Cemetery is a non-sectarian burial ground)

I have also found William L. Wilke who died in Milwaukee 2 Oct 1919 (buried 5 Oct 1919) at the age of 79Y 2M 10D of apoplexy and is buried in the same cemetery.

Her family *may* have been members of the Port Washington Methodist church as I have found a 'George Wilke' listed. Unfortunately, in my experience, the Methodists clergy were not always the best record keepers of birth, marriages and deaths.

Being familiar with the newspapers of the county I unfortunately can not guarantee there will be an obit for her. Newspaper obits had a tendency to be 'hit and miss'. If the editor knew the person, or had local 'correspondents' who submitted the 'goings on' of communities, then you would likely get something. Otherwise not.

If that fails the only other item I can offer is to get you a copy of the death record at the county courthouse.

--Carol in OZ
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bast_Genealog... 27 Mar 2013 2:10AM GMT 
Mary Quirk-Th... 8 Jul 2012 1:12AM GMT 
Carol_in_OZ 11 Jul 2012 7:17PM GMT 
Mary Quirk-Th... 12 Jul 2012 5:17AM GMT 
soaringsoftly 20 May 2013 2:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic