Search for content in message boards

Need Ozaukee Search HELP? from Carol

Replies: 34

Re: Need Ozaukee Search HELP? from Carol

Posted: 21 Mar 2013 6:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kraemer, Wagner
Hi Carol,
My great grandfather spent a year in Fredonia in Ozaukee County from about June 1866 to June 1867 before he bought a farm in Sauk County, WI. He had just come directly from the area of Tiefenbach, Bavaria and had three young children, including a baby born on the ship in May. I am certain that he went to Fredonia because there were relaties or neighbors who had moved there from Bavaria some years earlier. I do not know whether Fredonia refers to the township, Post Office address, or the village of Fredonia, but various sources say the spend a year there.

I have found a George Kraemer who came from Bavaria (do not know city)with his wife Louise and daughter Catherine in the 1860 and 1870 US Censuses. However, given that I do not know the town in Bavaria where they came from I cannot establish a logical linkage as Kraemers were all over Bavaria. Our family mainly came from the Oberpfalz region of Bavaria.

I have found a Michael Wagner from Bavaria who also came to Fredonia before 1866 but again cannot make a linkage back to the name of the town he came from.

I wonder if there is a list of the people who immigrated to Ozaukee County and when and where they came from. Or some other resource that might help me to get a clue as to whom they visited and perhaps stayed with for the year.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to start a conversation with you about this. My email is kkraemer@uci.edu. I am a retired professor from UC Irvine and was born in Plain, WI, which is a small town (800 pop) in Sauk County. I am trying to do a family history and genealogy of the family. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Ken Kraemer
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carol_in_OZ 1 Feb 2008 5:31PM GMT 
pan_mila 17 Jan 2009 2:17PM GMT 
klkraemer 22 Mar 2013 12:53AM GMT 
lrsenne07 26 Feb 2014 11:04AM GMT 
davejoan71 28 Aug 2014 4:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic